Ganapati Temple of Sangli is located on the eastern bank of stream Krishna and is one in every of the foremost common temples of South Maharashtra. it absolutely was made by Thorle Chintamanrao Patwardhan in 1843, within the honor of the guardian divinity of Sangli. The king conjointly consecrated the idol of the divinity within the temple, himself.
The main feature of this temple is its design because it has been created out of black stones obtained from the hills of Jyotiba and its doors are graven out of various colored natural wood. The premises of this temple cowl nearly 2 acres and comprise a platform, an outsized hall and a ‘Nagarkhana’. it's conjointly same that the premises of this temple were used for holding many conferences by the freedom fighters throughout the freedom struggle.